Thread: aliengenius: unbalanced count

aliengenius

aliengenius: unbalanced count

Hi,
    I was just wondering, is it possible to have an unbalanced count that DECRASES? For example, the KO count increases to +4 at the end of the deck, as does the "full card" count, with aces as +1 and 10s as -2. My problem is that I don't want to have to keep a side count of aces, but don't want to have to "ignore" any cards either (8s and 9s in KO), but this would resuslt in a -4 ending to a one deck count (all non-10s/As are +1, 10s & As -2). Is this possible? If no, why not?
    Can I have my cake and eat it too?

Voltaire

Voltaire: Re: unbalanced count (answer)

Sure, it's possible, but not advisable. The 8 should be kept neutral because it is, in fact, neutral. The effect of removing an 8 from a shoe is essentially zero; it favors neither the player nor the dealer.

The 9 is a beneficial card for the player, but you're still better off not counting it. While counting the 9 does increase your playing efficiency slightly, this is outweighed by the detrimental effect it has on insurance decisions.

So, if you're going to stick with a single parameter system (i.e. no side counts), you're betting off not counting 8s and 9s.