Thread: Jill Olsen: losing count

Jill Olsen

Jill Olsen: losing count

I have been able to keep count while talking with the dealers and other players, but I swear I lose count every time the waitress comes by for drink orders. Any advice on turning my head to talk to her and keeping the count also? Thanks

Mister M

Mister M: Re: losing count

I would make sure that the count that you are using is totally suitable to your playing frequency and the game conditions.
    The real secret is practice using a stop-watch at home.Initially try for 30 seconds for a sd and 60 for dd.When you are 100% accurate deal faster and after a while if you're dealt 10/7 then all you will register is -1(hi-lo).Best of luck.
    To invest in practice software is wise and WILL improve your speed.

Kasey

Kasey: Re: losing count

> Any advice on
    > turning my head to talk to her and keeping
    > the count also? Thanks

I use a light pressure of my fingers on my thigh to keep the count for a few seconds while I'm distracted.

Coug Fan

Coug Fan: I do the same thing (nt) *NM*

Chieng Mai

Chieng Mai: Re: losing count

Try using 3 Chips. Center Chip and Clock Dial Chip and a - Chip.

Lets say you're at +2: Center Chip with the second Chip at 2 o'clock.

Lets say you're at -2: 3rd chip on top of Center Chip, and with the 2nd chip on 2 o'clock.

The 3rd Chip is only used for the - (minus) count.

> I have been able to keep count while talking
    > with the dealers and other players, but I
    > swear I lose count every time the waitress
    > comes by for drink orders. Any advice on
    > turning my head to talk to her and keeping
    > the count also? Thanks