Thread: PaddyBoy: to wong or not to wong

PaddyBoy

PaddyBoy: to wong or not to wong

If I am playing heads up with a dealer should I still wong out at -2 in a 4 deck game.This situation arose tonight the TC went down to -4 but I stayed put as the other tables had 4 or more players at them,luckily it rose quickly afterwards.Is it better to stay put when heads up and the other tables are crowded?

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: to wong or not to wong

>Is it better to stay put when heads up and the
    > other tables are crowded?

No. If you leave, and nothing good develops elsewhere, can't you come back?

Don

PaddyBoy

PaddyBoy: Re: to wong or not to wong

> No. If you leave, and nothing good develops
    > elsewhere, can't you come back?

> Don
    Right,so I should leave at negative counts all the time.Will do.

Bo-Didley

Bo-Didley: BJ 21 comments.

There were several threads last week about play-all heads up verses wonging. DD' says when playing heads up and you leave the table at small negative counts you are still at positive ev because the count can change to positive and you will miss these plays by leaving,thus it is better to play-all. While I dont agree with his conclusion it does have some merit to it.
    Basicly the thread was confusing and DD' lead me to the conclusion that he feels play all is better than wonging because the count can quickly change to plus while the Wonger is wasting time counting down a new shoe.

Contrail

Contrail: Re: BJ 21 comments.

> There were several threads last week about
    > play-all heads up verses wonging. DD' says
    > when playing heads up and you leave the
    > table at small negative counts you are still
    > at positive ev because the count can change
    > to positive and you will miss these plays by
    > leaving,thus it is better to play-all. While
    > I dont agree with his conclusion it does
    > have some merit to it.
    > Basicly the thread was confusing and DD'
    > lead me to the conclusion that he feels play
    > all is better than wonging because the count
    > can quickly change to plus while the Wonger
    > is wasting time counting down a new shoe.

It's a little difficult because I'm not sure which specific post you are referring to, but I don't recollect the conclusion you state above. In the post "ok, try to follow" I thought he argued for looking for a new table while at a table where the deck was slightly negative because the average ev for the shoe was still positive and you would lose this by leaving only to stand around looking for a new shoe to enter. However, you should leave if the count is more negative. Specifically, from that post:

"When you walk away from a table you are not making anything until you find a new place to play. You should do this searching while you are at your current table. Depart either when you have a negative RC and see another table shuffled and ready to go, or when the RC has gotten very negative"

I think this is consistent with the graphs in BJAII for the optimal departure points with and without a time lag for picking up a new game, i.e. the ODPs are a little more negative when there is a time lag.