Thread: Bob: BJA 2nd edition

Bob

Bob: BJA 2nd edition

I am a mathimatically challenged/impaired newbie.

I have the original BJA, is it worth my time to study and money to pick up the second edition.

If as I suspect it has more/more detailed math and simulations than the original I would say not to get it as I don't really understand that well.

In the original I really learned a lot on "management and betting procedures" (pp 105), and applying it to use for a single user - me.

So to cut this short, does the 2nd have any more info on practical day to day playing the game?

Thanks

Parker

Parker: Re: BJA 2nd edition

> I am a mathimatically challenged/impaired
    > newbie.

> I have the original BJA, is it worth my time
    > to study and money to pick up the second
    > edition.

> If as I suspect it has more/more detailed
    > math and simulations than the original I
    > would say not to get it as I don't really
    > understand that well.

> In the original I really learned a lot on
    > "management and betting
    > procedures" (pp 105), and applying it
    > to use for a single user - me.

> So to cut this short, does the 2nd have any
    > more info on practical day to day playing
    > the game?

> Thanks

I have both. To me, the SCORE chapter alone is worth the cost of the new edition, and there is much more.

Not to mention having most of the typos corrected and a binding that won't fall apart.

You cannot have too many blackjack books.

Don't let the math intimidate you. Note that Don always provides a summary of the concepts he has been discussing in language that even the math-impaired can understand. You do not need to understand all the math in order to appreciate (and utilize) the concepts that Don is explaining via the matb.

[email protected]: Re: BJA 2nd edition

The 2nd edition is considered my many experts and casual players alike to be the most accurate book ever written.
    While I agree that the math involved is difficult to understand,the charts are self explanatory.
    You can improve your game simply by following the advice Don gives.