Thread: AsZehn: Foxwood

AsZehn

AsZehn: Foxwood

Might be going to Ct for a few days. Is it possible to wong in and out of tables ? When would be the best time of day to play? Usually play with 1-5 spread with 15, 20 or 25 units. Thanks.

AZ

Contrail

Contrail: Re: Foxwood

> Might be going to Ct for a few days. Is it
    > possible to wong in and out of tables ? When
    > would be the best time of day to play?
    > Usually play with 1-5 spread with 15, 20 or
    > 25 units. Thanks.

> AZ

As in most cases, one can't be sure until they are actually there. Sometimes it is possible to wong-in; other times it's close to impossible for even a citizen to find a chair. However, the most likely situation is that it will be difficult to wong-in due to the crowds. You need to be flexible and prepared to adjust your general approach and spread accordingly. In general, I think you will find it very difficult to implement a game plan that will be effective against the games at FW with a 5:1 spread.

I can't really say what are the best times to be there. It is occasionally worth the effort to check out events that may coincide with your travel plans.. Some headliners and/or tournaments can impact things for example. I also try and check out what's happening at the Mohegan Sun down the road. Some shows pull people away from Foxwoods or produce more people when the show ends. Beyond that you might try week nights between very late afternoon and early morning, but who knows.

If you're new to FW you should note that there are BJ tables (excluding the higher limit Newport and Stargazer) in the Pequot, the Rainmaker, the Midstakes room next to the Rainmaker, and a non-smoking section next to the Rainmaker and down from the Midstakes section. I've generally found that the Rainmaker is perhaps the least amendable to wonging-in. However, that's not always the case either and, since there are other sections nearby, you won't lose much time checking it out.

Because of the generally crowded conditions, lammers abound. Don't be hesitant about betting those spots. When and if the player returns, you can simply ask if they mind your back-betting should you choose. The usual uncertainty regarding their level of play applies.

Lastly, as noted above, MS is about 8-10 miles from FW. Personally, I have a very low opinion of MS. However, FWIW, others have indicated that they've found MS to be less crowded and, therefore, more amendable to wonging.