Thread: Milk Man: Fun at Mystake

Milk Man

Milk Man: Fun at Mystake

Splitz, it sounds like you have been to Ploppyville USA.

Splitz

Splitz: Re: Fun at Mystake

I went there today (New yrs) to try to backcount. I did alright for myself. I played for about 1.5 hr and left $40 up. No big deal I know, I was up $90 at one point and wanted to leave +$100... that didn't happen Oh well, small BR small wins.

They were pretty clueless to my backcounting... even though I bet I was pretty obvious.

Milk Man

Milk Man: Re: Fun at Mystake

> I went there today (New yrs) to try to
    > backcount. I did alright for myself. I
    > played for about 1.5 hr and left $40 up. No
    > big deal I know, I was up $90 at one point
    > and wanted to leave +$100... that didn't
    > happen Oh well, small BR small wins.

> They were pretty clueless to my
    > backcounting... even though I bet I was
    > pretty obvious.

I am glad to hear you made some money. It must have been a blast hiding in the trees and bushwacking the big boss man. It was a lovely night for Wonging, however the Milk Maid and I went there New Years Day. It looks like it is going to be a very happy New Year. We did so well the Milk Maid is out with Popeye hitting them up a second time. The highlight of playing was when I tried to get the bone from the devaition dog's mouth. It was a lovely +7 true count. The beauty was the dealer had a 6 up. I fortunately had 19. Low and behold the dealer had a 7 under the 6. I thought I would easily snacth the bone from the dog's mouth but it would not be today. She pulled an A then a 2 to make it even more intersting. I was counting the money when she landed a 4. All I saw was the butt of the deviation dog while he ran away with his bone. So I went to his dog dish and drank his water and got a little out of him. I hope to run into you out there some time.

Splitz

Splitz: Re: Fun at Mystake

I
    > hope to run into you out there some time.

yeah I was actually looking for you (red coat and lady with green coat) but didn't see ya. I had some questions about this deviation dog you keep mentioning. I got Don Schesleinger's book BJA and I read the whole thing about EV, SD and RoR... then re-read it. but the concept doesn't seem to really strike me.

I understand that the SD is the range of what is likely (actually?) happens based on the expected value. But how can I use this information? is it applicable at the table or is it sole for peace of mind?

Maybe I shoulda taken statistics this year instead of pre-calc!