Thread: newtocc: Blackjack and surrender question.

newtocc

newtocc: Blackjack and surrender question.

If one plays to win 10 units or lose 10 units, I believe that he/she will win 48% of the time and lose 52% of the time. If one puts the extra half from blackjacks and surrenders on the side and saves them as opposed to putting them back into play, does that change those percentages?

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: Blackjack and surrender question.

> If one plays to win 10 units or lose 10 units, I
    > believe that he/she will win 48% of the time and lose
    > 52% of the time. If one puts the extra half from
    > blackjacks and surrenders on the side and saves them
    > as opposed to putting them back into play, does that
    > change those percentages?

No. And, you're on the wrong track as to how to play this game. You need to l;earn how to count to win. A betting approach can't turn a negative edge into a positive one. That would be voodoo.

Don

newtocc

newtocc: Re: Blackjack and surrender question.

> No. And, you're on the wrong track as to how to play
    > this game. You need to l;earn how to count to win. A
    > betting approach can't turn a negative edge into a
    > positive one. That would be voodoo.

> Don

It just seems like each time I play I have two or three extra units from blackjacks and surrenders on the side. Keeping everything else constant, one will lose less during a losing session and win more during a winning one.

After 100's or 1,000's of sessions that will add up. I don't know if one can win this way, but it seems the extras from blackjacks and surrenders give the player the edge. What am I missing here?

newtocc

newtocc: Re: Blackjack and surrender question.

> No. And, you're on the wrong track as to how to play
    > this game. You need to l;earn how to count to win. A
    > betting approach can't turn a negative edge into a
    > positive one. That would be voodoo.

> Don

Just to clearify my question, two scenarios - when winning, say you are up 7 units with 3 units on the side from blackjacks and surrenders, do you have to count the 3 units on the side towards your goal of 10 in order to get the 48% win rate? or can you win another 3 units, leave the 3 units on the side and still get that 48% win rate?

When losing, say you are down 10 units, with 3 units on the side from blackjacks and surrenders, do you have to play those 3 units in order to get that 48% win rate?

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Trying again

> It just seems like each time I play I have two or
    > three extra units from blackjacks and surrenders on
    > the side. Keeping everything else constant, one will
    > lose less during a losing session and win more during
    > a winning one.

> After 100's or 1,000's of sessions that will add up. I
    > don't know if one can win this way, but it seems the
    > extras from blackjacks and surrenders give the player
    > the edge. What am I missing here?

The edge already includes what you get from naturals and surrenders. It is what it is. Do you truly think that by putting chips in your pocket you can change the house edge?

I repeat: your approach is wrong. You can't change a house edge by the position of your chips. You need to stop thinking this way.

Don