Thread: PrettiiiInpink: Dealer Completely skipped my turn

PrettiiiInpink

PrettiiiInpink: Dealer Completely skipped my turn

I have never played blackjack before, I was walking by a table and decided to give it a shot. The dealer was dealing the cards extremely fast, but I always placed my bet in the circle on time. Everyone at the table was loosing pretty badly. The dealer only Busted once or twice, and got a blackjack 90 percent of the time that he had an Ace. The dealer started talking to my husband who was NOT playing with his money, he was helping me. He continues talking to my husband which, puts the game on hold. He would pass out the cards and stop and talk to my husband about religion and politics before asking each player what they wanted to do. Eventually all the other players got up and left, and i now realize that i should have done the same. There were multiple instances where he completely skipped my turn. Meaning that he did not ask me if I wanted to hit or stand, he just skipped over me and asked the other players how they wanted to play or started flipping over his cards and pulling them when i was playing alone. He did this once when I was alone, and a few times when other players were there, at that point he just skipped my turn and asked the other players what they wanted to do. I know he was aware that i was playing because, he dealt me two cards, and chips which he took after I lost without having an opportunity to hit or stand. I know I wasn't taking too long to play because I was waiting for him to finish talking so that I could have my turn! And i did not make any hand motions that may have caused confusion by making the dealer think that i was standing. My husband even asked me if they dealer gave me the opportunity to have my turn. The dealer knew I was a rookie as he told the other players that came later, in a different language, the only word of English he spoke was rookie. I realized that i should have done something about this at the moment but my husband and I both didn't want to make a scene. Did the dealer cheat me? Does anyone have advice on this?

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: Dealer Completely skipped my turn

You should have told the dealer: I will give a hand signal for every hand, no matter what the total is. DO NOT play my hand for me, and do not pass me by if I don't give you a signal.

If, then, he continued, you had two choices: leave the table, or call over the pit boss. Either way, the problem would have stopped immediately. It's your hand and your money; you have a right to play however you please.

Don

wantabe

wantabe: Re: Dealer Completely skipped my turn

> I have never played blackjack before, I was walking by
    > a table and decided to give it a shot. The dealer was
    > dealing the cards extremely fast, but I always placed
    > my bet in the circle on time. Everyone at the table
    > was loosing pretty badly. The dealer only Busted once
    > or twice, and got a blackjack 90 percent of the time
    > that he had an Ace. The dealer started talking to my
    > husband who was NOT playing with his money, he was
    > helping me. He continues talking to my husband which,
    > puts the game on hold. He would pass out the cards and
    > stop and talk to my husband about religion and
    > politics before asking each player what they wanted to
    > do. Eventually all the other players got up and left,
    > and i now realize that i should have done the same.
    > There were multiple instances where he completely
    > skipped my turn. Meaning that he did not ask me if I
    > wanted to hit or stand, he just skipped over me and
    > asked the other players how they wanted to play or
    > started flipping over his cards and pulling them when
    > i was playing alone. He did this once when I was
    > alone, and a few times when other players were there,
    > at that point he just skipped my turn and asked the
    > other players what they wanted to do. I know he was
    > aware that i was playing because, he dealt me two
    > cards, and chips which he took after I lost without
    > having an opportunity to hit or stand. I know I wasn't
    > taking too long to play because I was waiting for him
    > to finish talking so that I could have my turn! And i
    > did not make any hand motions that may have caused
    > confusion by making the dealer think that i was
    > standing. My husband even asked me if they dealer gave
    > me the opportunity to have my turn. The dealer knew I
    > was a rookie as he told the other players that came
    > later, in a different language, the only word of
    > English he spoke was rookie. I realized that i should
    > have done something about this at the moment but my
    > husband and I both didn't want to make a scene. Did
    > the dealer cheat me? Does anyone have advice on this?
    I would love this situation. Bet big and on close calls let him skip you. If you lose, say you wanted to take a hit.