Thread: brownian bridge: betting EOR of Ace is same when 1 hand and multiple hands play?

brownian bridge

brownian bridge: betting EOR of Ace is same when 1 hand and multiple hands play?

When playing multiple hands and get no BJ but dealer gets natural, lose all hands.
    I think it is very dangerous.
    so, betting EOR of Ace is same or different when 1 hand play and multiple hands play?

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: betting EOR of Ace is same when 1 hand and multiple hands play?

> When playing multiple hands and get no BJ but dealer
    > gets natural, lose all hands.
    > I think it is very dangerous.
    > so, betting EOR of Ace is same or different when 1
    > hand play and multiple hands play?

Same.

Don

brownian bridge

brownian bridge: Thanks for your comment. *NM*

NightStalker

NightStalker: Re: betting EOR of Ace is same when 1 hand and multiple hands play?

lol... More hands you play, lesser the probability of dealer getting blackjack. You get twice bj as dealer.

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: betting EOR of Ace is same when 1 hand and multiple hands play?

> lol... More hands you play, lesser the probability of
    > dealer getting blackjack. You get twice bj as dealer.

Completely wrong. The number of hands that you play can't possibly change the probability that the dealer receives a natural.

You don't understand what you're writing.

Don

NightStalker

NightStalker: Re: betting EOR of Ace is same when 1 hand and multiple hands play?

lol.. Once a Don, always a Don

You are playing consistent 2 hands against dealer. Flat-bet or whatever. You will get nearly twice blackjack as dealer.

If you are playing consistent 1 hand against dealer. You will get nearly same number of blackjacks as dealer.

As simple as it sounds.. The word 'probability' was probably misleading. Let me clarify:

probability = Number of dealer's blackjack/ total number of blackjacks..

Or you may assume it is as probability of ace going to dealer. More hands you play, less aces will go to dealer. This is obviously IN RATIO to your cards..

Don Schlesinger

> lol.. Once a Don, always a Don

> You are playing consistent 2 hands against dealer.
    > Flat-bet or whatever. You will get nearly twice
    > blackjack as dealer.

So what? You think you can "gang up" on the dealer and take his aces away by playing more hands? You take his 5s and 6s away, too.

The probabilities don't change! I understood you the first time. You think it helps you to get blackjacks to play a lot of hands? You think playing all seven spots against the dealer is somehow "better" than playing just one?

What is your point?

> If you are playing consistent 1 hand against dealer.
    > You will get nearly same number of blackjacks as
    > dealer.

What you're saying isn't the least bit interesting. You aren't thinking properly.

> As simple as it sounds.. The word 'probability' was
    > probably misleading.

Ya think?

>Let me clarify:

> probability = Number of dealer's blackjack/ total
    > number of blackjacks..

Not even remotely important. Of no consequence whatsoever.

> Or you may assume it is as probability of ace going to
    > dealer. More hands you play, less aces will go to
    > dealer. This is obviously IN RATIO to your cards..

I can't help you. The probability that an ace will turn up in the dealer's hand is identical, whether you play one hand against him or seven. You can't "prevent" aces from going to the dealer by playing more hands!

Deal one card to yourself and one card to the dealer. What is the probability he will get an ace? Deal seven cards to yourself and then one to the dealer. Have you changed the probability that the dealer now has an ace?

If you think so, I can't help you. If I throw 50 cards on the floor and then deal a card to the dealer, have I changed his chances of getting an ace?

Don

NightStalker

> So what? You think you can "gang up" on the
    > dealer and take his aces away by playing more hands?
    > You take his 5s and 6s away, too.

> The probabilities don't change! I understood you the
    > first time. You think it helps you to get blackjacks
    > to play a lot of hands? You think playing all seven
    > spots against the dealer is somehow "better"
    > than playing just one?

> What is your point?

> What you're saying isn't the least bit interesting.
    > You aren't thinking properly.

> Ya think?

> Not even remotely important. Of no consequence
    > whatsoever.

> I can't help you. The probability that an ace will
    > turn up in the dealer's hand is identical, whether you
    > play one hand against him or seven. You can't
    > "prevent" aces from going to the dealer by
    > playing more hands!

> If you think so, I can't help you. If I throw 50 cards
    > on the floor and then deal a card to the dealer, have
    > I changed his chances of getting an ace?

> Don

Mr. Don, I can understand and agree with your post. Every line you said is totally correct.

The use of word 'probability' is relative.

Num of dealer's blackjack/num of rounds == constant ~1/21
    This is what you are trying to say,agree?
    While what I said is:
    Num of dealer's blackjack/num of total player's blackjack == 1/num of players depends upon number of spots.

Both are very trivial things. I think there is nothing much to discuss here. I totally agree with what you are saying and I don't have any doubt in my understanding. I am probably not smart enough to convey my thoughts in a clear manner. After all, it takes a normal person to learn things but genius like you to explain things. Keep the good work goind..