Thread: Sharing bankroll with other AP's

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Sharing bankroll with other AP's

This is a weird question but I feel like a have to ask. I've been out here in Vegas for about 2 weeks hafly because I like to record acoustic guitar tracks in big hotel rooms. But now I'm realizing how many AP's I'm competing with when I'm out here especially local AP's on Super Bowl weekend. I was offered $100 for my seat while i was working as a relay the other AP didn't know what i was doing and didn't realize I was also an AP. Then the offer went up to $500 when they found out what I was doing but i wasn't going to move so he just stood there waiting to take my seat with chips behind me trying to take my seat. After the AP finally realized what I was doing it got pretty weird.

Then after telling the dealer to put out a spacer on my spot for I can use the restroom. The AP followed me and asked me if I wanted to join bankrolls and team up. I acted like i diden't know what he was talking about but he left me his card from his local sales job.

What is everyone's experience with local Vegas AP's in this situation. Most of the AP's I've met locally so far brag to me on how long they've been doing it and how've they all coincidentally have played with James Grossjean.

I'd like to play with a bigger a bankroll and bigger team but I don't want to be hustled either. The guys I met last night seemed like the real deal offering me that much money for a spot seemed crazy but not from an EV standpoint for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm surprised an "AP" would do something so reckless since the situation I assume you are talking about is quite rare. Interaction like that could easily kill the game.
    Maman died today. Or yesterday maybe, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by muckz View Post
    I'm surprised an "AP" would do something so reckless since the situation I assume you are talking about is quite rare. Interaction like that could easily kill the game.
    It's Las Vegas, the game is getting killed regardless. I'd tread carefully and try to make something that would work well for both parties if you're unsure. The less than savory/loose ethics/desperate type may straight up rat you out to surveillance, although that's not too likely unless among bitter rivals.

Good advice, I guess I'll try risking 10% of the bankroll. I don't have much of a choice it seems in some tables there's as much as 4 AP's sitting this one older guy in his 80's was relying on my vision. I was reluctant to help but when your at the right spot it seems like you have no choice sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The AP followed me and asked me if I wanted to join bankrolls and team up. I acted like i didn't know what he was talking about but he left me his card from his local sales job"

Notwithstanding the poor form the other individual displayed - do you really want to combine bankrolls with someone you just met in the john? Combining bankrolls requires both trust in integrity as well as competency. You're asking for trouble by agreeing.

What kind of due diligence are you doing to protect yourself and your bankroll?

How is it different than talking with a guy at a bus stop and handing over a big chunk of money?
    May the cards fall in your favor.

I wouldn't want to combine bankrolls with someone I don't know. However, if they're in the same place everyone can see what happens and each player keeping roughly their equity would reduce risk.

I probably would be willing to provide some non monetary help provided the individual kept their bet level at or below mine/ours or something like that to avoid creating an enemy. Would prefer not to, but it's a judgment call you have to make. Can we please not have this thread veer toward anything specific regarding plays/techniques everybody.

On a side note if anyone ever feels I've made a post that makes them uncomfortable let me know via PM or otherwise. No offense will be taken if done courteously and am always willing to edit.

Run, run away from this. The chances are high that it is some sort of scam or worse, such as being set up for a robbery.
    Opinions and Commentary on the Gaming Industry: The Bear Growls

Quote Originally Posted by LVBear584 View Post
    Run, run away from this. The chances are high that it is some sort of scam or worse, such as being set up for a robbery.
    I agree 100%.

I agree this guy has already poisoned the well by his lack of comportment. As to working with others and sharing banks you would need personal references from people you know and trust.

I have been approached by people that have been vouched for by people I trust to form short term convenient shared BR partnerships among a number of APs. I have always turned them down. Even though at the time I was playing to a high RoR I felt the trust issues was added risk and I would bring the strongest game to the table. I chose to ride out my chances alone. I have no regrets. What you are describing is far more risky. You have nobody to vouch for at least the team leader and know nothing of anyone's skill level. I agree with the LVBear.

Today my system is super accurate betting. I have talked about it enough so if you understand it you know what I am talking about but if you limit your perception to a linear mindset you probably will never get it. My RoR is nonexistent with a relatively small BR. I have no need for a team or the complications that arise from the same. I think you should not just weigh the benefit vs risk factors mentioned but also your need.

I will never "share" a bankroll with anyone. I'll play my own, or play completely on someone else's , but never share.