Thread: Confused by Wonging Options

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Confused by Wonging Options

I am confused about how to set up Wonging. I'm using 94 Basic Hi Lo; Sweet 16 & Fab 4; dealer peeks 10/A. 5/6 decks H17 DAS RSA $25 min bet 1-12 spread. I'm doing 50 million rounds for the sake of getting a quick answer at the moment.

In CVCX, I wanted to set Backcounting to -1, but I guess I had only set -1 as the lowest count tracked. So I set Backcounting to 0 instead. I see that my win/hour will go from $49 to $42 after setting Backcounting to 0. This doesn't make sense to me. If I am sitting out on -EV rounds, shouldn't my win/hour go up?

Next I noticed the Departure adj. box. If I set this to 0, my win/hour sky rockets to $79. So would this be the equivalent of Wonging out at TC <= 0? I'm not understanding the difference between the Backcounting and Departure adj. buttons.

Lastly, I tried out the Wonging button (created a new sim). I Wong In at the shuffle, Wong Out at TC <= -1, and forced shuffle on exit. From my understanding, checking the box to 'force shuffle on exit' means that I leave my current table and I immediately join another table that is just starting a shuffle. Is that correct? My Wonging button is now flashing, is that okay?

Test2Wonging.jpg

My win/hour is now $75 using the Wonging button.

Please let me know if I am using CVCX wrong and any advice on how I can sim Wonging better is greatly appreciated. I also have CVData (but I haven't really used it yet)

Blog Entries

For the best results, use the Wonging button as you did. You will need to adjust the hands/hour based on how many actual hands you expect to play in an hour, including time to find a new table. The Wonging button flashes to warn you that you have Wonging turned on.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

I just simply the entire process by thinking of it in terms of EV per 100 rounds that way I don't have the time element entering into the picture. I'd almost rather it be in terms of EV per shuffle, the more you table hop the more shuffles you will see.

I also wondered about his backcounting question ...

Quote Originally Posted by Avincow View Post
    In CVCX, I wanted to set Backcounting to -1, but I guess I had only set -1 as the lowest count tracked. So I set Backcounting to 0 instead. I see that my win/hour will go from $49 to $42 after setting Backcounting to 0. This doesn't make sense to me. If I am sitting out on -EV rounds, shouldn't my win/hour go up?
    “It seemed to me ... that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include a set of detailed instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a civilization in which I could live and stay sane.

Blog Entries

Some history. I added the back-counting option because BJRM had it. But, it really isn’t accurate as it assumes that a player will leave when you enter, as does BJRM. That’s the only way to handle the concept in a post-sim calculator. That is, trying to adjust the results after the sim has been run. The Wonging button in CVCX allows you to get accurate results. To obtain accurate results with CVCX, use the Wonging button before the sim. There are far more options available anyhow.

In my mind, wonging greatly complicates the concept of win/hour, as you are spending time not playing. How much time you spend in this state depends on a rather large number of variables. The Departure Adjustment feature allows you to get a glimpse at the effects based on the time it takes to start playing again.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse