Thread: Insurance side count feature.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Insurance side count feature.

Hello, I purchased the CVDATA yesterday and I am trying to figure out the increase in SCORE and win rate with the "insurance side count" added to the Hi-lo. It seems no matter how I run the sim for single deck or double deck I always get the same results with the insurance side count feature on or off. Also, after I call CVCX i noticed the Hi-lo with then side count and Ill18 has a lower score and win rate than the pre-simmed high low sweet 16. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Blog Entries

On the TC Calc page, what do you have deck estimate resolution set to?
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

I have it set to half deck and quarter deck towards the end. I tried the multi-tracking strategy and used the "copy" to make sure all the TC calculations are the same. My partner uses the insurance count described in AP heat with the trigger counts I assumed it's just about the same. I tried creating the Insurance count strategy but I am still not comfortable enough with the simulator to figure this out.

Blog Entries

Go to Tools-Export and send me the exported config.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Sorry for being terrible with computers, I went to Tools-Export and ended up with with a zipped file I have no idea how to send it tho.

Blog Entries

When you export it, you can export it to any location. Most e-mail systems have an file attach feature. Or, you can post it here. Click Go Advanced below youe new post to get the advanced editor. Click on the paperclip to bring up the attachment manager. Drag the file into the box at the bottom and select it to post it. E-mailing is probably easier.

Sent.

Blog Entries

- If you are trying to use an insurance side count in a pitch game, you need to start using quarter deck estimation earlier.
    - Don't expect a large increase. It's just one index.
    - Frankly, this particular side count has limited use without deep penetration.

I see, is there another way of doing this like maybe creating a side count and applying it to the sim. Also, while I am at it, im guessing it is not but is it possible to lets say run a sim with one player using hi-lo and hi-opt II(no asc) at the same time. I mostly wanted the simulator to apply cover betting sorry if I am asking crazy questions.

Blog Entries

Certainly you can run a sim with multiple players playing multiple strategies. But, I generally advise against it as players can affect other players when using advantage play.