See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Card counting strategy

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
    Kindle is an e-book format isn't it? I was hoping there was a hard copy out there for his book.
    Well, I own a hard copy, but I bought it many years ago. The cover price is $19.95.

Perhaps you could get a used one?

Dog Hand

I'm new to this forum and I wanna know whether any of these counting systems like K, REKO etc work on continuous shuffling machines???

No.

Quote Originally Posted by Hookid View Post
    I'm new to this forum and I wanna know whether any of these counting systems like K, REKO etc work on continuous shuffling machines???
    I believe they do! But Im still new to the forum! Good luck to you, ask around

Most applications of unbalanced counts aren't affective at pointing out advantage until you are deeper into the shoe than the CSM normally allows.

Quote Originally Posted by muckz View Post
    PE is just a snapshot of a count at a certain point in a deck. Everything is optimized for this certain point. This system has a PE of .62, however, you will not even come close when factoring for the extreme amount of rounding needed for unbalanced counts,especially one that has an irc of 0 and pivot of 48!. I doubt this system is better than KO full using the method you described (I did a fairly quick cvdata check and I'm pretty sure I'm right). Griffin doesn't come outright and say unbalanced won't work. KO BJ came out in 1998, Griffin died in 1999. Do you think he had a lot of time to revise how he would measure PE for unbalanced systems? I wasn't following BJ back then but, I doubt people were really talking too much about the viability of an unbalanced count until that book.

I know this is a little old, but I'd like to put my input in on this.

The thing about indices on an unbalanced count is that they are most accurate right in the middle of the shoe.

For example, let's say that your index for 16 v 10 is a RC of 15. Your unbalanced count counts +2 for every deck played. You are on a 6 deck game. Your IRC is 9.

The index actually changes throughout the shoe.

1 deck = 11

2 deck = 13

3 deck = 15

4 deck = 17

5 deck = 19

6 deck = 21

The reason for this is simple. Most counts stand on 16 v 10 at a TC of 0 or above. Because the count counts 2 more positive than negative cards per shoe, your IRC (or neutral point) actually increases with you throughout the shoe.

I hope this helps!

Have you taken a look at the True counted Red 7 count? All you need to do is to memorize the chart of running counts corresponding to where you are in the deck. For instance the pivot of the R7 count is 0 using a starting running count of -2 times the number of decks (-2 x n) if you want to use the adjusted red seven count which I use. So with a 6 deck game you would start the shoe with a running count of -12. Once you reach 0 you basically have a TC of +2 and that is whereupon start to ramp up. In a 6 deck game With two decks played and a RC of +4, you would have a TC equivalent to +3. In addition with 5 decks played and a RC of +1 you would also have a TC of +3. So basically the higher the running count earlier in the shoe would be the same as a lower running count later in the shoe.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234